A day I'll never forget.

Hello Everyone

My name is Gladys Armstrong. I will be albino about a day I’ll never forget because I was embarrassed on that day. One morning the singing inspector came to my school to see if the children are singing well and that the teachers are doing their job. The singing inspectors name is Raymond. All the little kids had to go to the big room and sing and the big boys just did exams and sums. That singing inspector was nothing but a big fat bully. Raymond wore a huge knickerbockers and big stockings. His eyes looked like blue gooseberries, golden hair on his head and he had a round red face. Raymond called Benny and Charles they stood at the front of the big room so that they could sing but they didn’t know how to sing one single song. Not even Blue Bells of Scotland or minstrel boy. Raymond pointed his stick to the modelater. In a weak voice Charles said “I can sing pretty Polly” So sing it! Shouted Raymond. Charles and Benny sand. It was terrible singing. Charles sang pretty Polly pretty Polly what’s what’s o’clock what’s o’clock in a low voice. Benny sang pretty Polly in a High squeaky voice. They both stopped in the middle of the verse and had no more breath and Raymond called them both voiceless idiots and sent them out. Raymond called Jessie and she in-time with the modelater and then called me up to sing. I was trying to hide away from the singing inspector but he found me. I was trembling with fear. No sound came out of my mouth and Raymond called the deaf and the dumb. that man was nothing but a big fat bully but I did not say anything because i knew he would shout at me. that's my story. until next time.


Comments

  1. Hello ,Buhko,
    I really like your story, it feels like Mr R was really there,
    tell me why did you choose Gladys Armstrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Buhko! You did really well on your blog. i felt like i was right next to you at the time.
    Why did you choose this Gladys Armstrong not all the someone else. Well done Buhko!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day in life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

Our camp at High Africa