A day in life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

Hello everyone, my name is Lilly.

How are you doing because I am exhausted. Same old same old. I woke up quit early because I had to go to school, also because there are chickens right outside my house made of steel and scrapes so you could call it a shack. I was so hungry so I went to the very small kitchen to get some food. When I opened the cupboard there was nothing. Not even a crumb of bread. I got dressed in the only clothes I was allowed to wear for school because my family can’t afford school uniform. So I walked to school, hungry. You think that’s bad. Wait until I tell you about my afternoon. So I was at school doing math class. I couldn’t concentrate because I was starving. The classroom was compacted with children. We did English next. We had to share ten textbooks between sixty children. Finally it was break. I was playing with some of my friends and opened my luchbox but there was no food in my lunch box and I was starving so bady but then I had to go to the bathroom. The bathrooms are really rusty and old and they smell really bad but at least I had a toilet instead of digging a hole to use the bathroom. After school, I went home to do my homework. While I was doing my homework I was thinking, why can’t the government give us a better home, or ask the ekhaya people to a build fire proof shack for my family, and I want to build on that. This is all big mystery. I hope you enjoyed my blog! You are lucky not to live in a shack.


Thank you! Bye🙂

Comments

  1. Hallo Bukho hope you get a fire proof shack.From Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi bukho,
    that was so creative. I enjoyed how you said there was chickens outside that really brought it to life . well done I really enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day I'll never forget.

Our camp at High Africa